Sunday, March 21, 2010

How would you like fresh organic fruits and vegetables delivered to your door?


Posted by Lyndi

Did you know there is a delivery service in Fayetteville that makes weekly deliveries of organic fruits, vegetables, poultry and meats? I didn’t know this either, until recently.

Special thanks to Kristin S. for sharing this service with me… so I can share it with you!

Old Soul Organics is co-owned by brothers who used to work at Ozark Natural Foods until they started this 4 or 5 years ago. They work with many local, organic farmers to supply food that can be grown in our immediate area. The remainder of their organic produce is “selected from our large network of sustainable, organic west coast farms.”

Old Soul Organics makes weekly delivers throughout Northwest Arkansas to your home (or office) on either Thursday or Friday for a nominal delivery fee. This can be a lifesaver for those with limited time to shop, have health challenges, or just like the foodie adventure of getting a treasure chest of in-season fruits and vegetables!

Last week I made my first online order. My choice? The $29.95 “small box” of organic fruits and vegetables.

What arrived in my box?
· Organic dole bananas (3)
· Romaine lettuce (1 large)
· Kale (1 bunch)
· Green leaf lettuce (1)
· Shiitake mushrooms (11)
· Green onions (6)
· Carrots (2)
· Avocado (1)
· Cucumber (1)
· Lemon (1)
· Red Onions (2)
· Grapefruit (2)
· Mango (1)
· Valencia Orange (4 small)
· Pink Ladies Apple (4 small)
· Kiwi (2)

Whether or not you think something like this would fit your lifestyle, I personally think it is worth it to try at least just once just for the foodie experience!

So what do you think? Would you like fresh organic fruits and vegetables or naturally-raised meats and poultry delivered weekly to your door?

3 comments:

  1. That's neat...I was researching this recently and wondered if you've heard of Mason Creek Farms in Fayetteville? Similar concept it looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Whitney, thanks for the comment! I haven't heard of Mason Creek Farms in Fayetteville! Thanks for sharing! I will check them out and share all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try them next week. Check out localharvest.org for more like this. Some even supply meat and eggs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...