Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Of course you need a berry bowl from etsy!

berry bowl etsy nwafoodie


We live in a marvelous age where seasonal fruits, vegetables, and herbs are available to us year round.  Yes, there is nothing sweeter than picking your own freshly grown produce or buying locally, in season, to support your community.  Yet it is nice that when you crave strawberries or mangos and it is January, we can have it.


It is also nice to have a cute way to store your berries.



My sister Stacey came to visit in November and together we browsed etsy.  We looked at her jewelry shop and then popped on over to the shop of one of her dear friends, Karen Olone-Hahn, artist-owner of House of the Rising Star Pottery.  My sister raved about the “berry bowls” that Karen creates and immediately after viewing, I wanted one.  Badly.  I put it on my to-do list.

Fast forward to last Friday.  Little ‘ol me got a care package from my sis with, you guessed it, my very own happy poppy flower berry bowl with its own cute little plate.  She also included two little red-faced bowls.

I love them.

They rock.

Know what else rocks?  Not only did my sister give me a sweet gift, she and Karen bartered for it.  Stacey traded her kiln space in exchange for the bowls. Everyone wins! 

Don’t worry, I didn’t take the last one. 

Lyndi

Eat well, my friends. Eat well.

2 comments:

  1. I just thought of you and strawberries last week. I was having some and in my family we have always dipped them in sour cream and then brown sugar. Have you tried it! Super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't tried it! It's savory and sweet, what's not to like? I have both so of course I will try it!

      Miss you, see you soon?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...