Tuesday, June 10, 2014

It’s time for a food court reboot.

Pinnacle Promenade food court pavilion (c)nwafoodie

The food court at Pinnacle Promenade in Rogers is my go-to sanctuary at lunchtime during the week when I want to have a quiet space to catch up on email or write a blog post.  It is whispery quiet except for when the one kiddie ride wakes up and does its thing by issuing a pre-recorded sound of children squealing.  Sometimes it completely freaks me out.

The building is shaped in a cylinder design, nested up to the Malco theater.  I think it is in a perfect spot for before/after movie gatherings. Wouldn’t it be great to have a spot to stroll to and enjoy a cup of coffee or light appetizer after an evening showing of a really fascinating and stimulating movie?


One part of the pavilion has a massive fireplace with comfy seating around it.  Perfect to curl up and visit with good friends.

Pinnacle Promenade food court pavilion with fireplace (c)nwafoodie


The main interior has seating for six hundred people.  Six hundred!  That is a LOT of conversations to be had, coffees to sip, and tapas to linger over.

Pinnacle Promenade food court pavilion inside seating (c)nwafoodie


Our food court is down to one fast food joint, Chinese Gourmet Express.  Yes, the word gourmet is actually in there.

It’s time for a food court reboot. 
The current model is not working.

What if they changed things up a bit?

What if they made the food court more of a food truck vibe? 

What if they made it a “local” focus and vetted area gems to come put in an auxiliary location.  Think Green House Grill,  28 Springs, Onyx Coffee Lab, The Press Room, James at the Mill, Crepes Paulette, Zuppa Zuppa, see where I am going with this?

What if they brought in a diner? 

What if they designed an indoor jazz bar area?  Or for indy music?

What if they (gasp) brought in a non-chain?

What if they asked you, your friends, your family, your co-workers, your kids, the community what you wanted?
  
I just want something good to eat.

What would you want?

Eat well, my friends. Eat well.


Lyndi

7 comments:

  1. I think their lease rates are too high to sustain a decent food court.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be the logical reason, for sure. It always comes down to that, doesn't it?

    Hence the idea of having it set up as food trucks or food carts. Smaller space, more variety, less out of pocket. More happy customers.

    A diner would be fun, too.

    Thanks Travis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Anything different would be an improvement!

      Delete
  4. I agree they need to do something there...it's just wasted space. I keep hearing something is in the works then nothing gets announced. How do you find the work environment though? Every time I go the WiFi is sketchy. SO frustrating (and I can't eat the Chinese food there).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The environment is perfect for my style. Coffee shops are fun but sometimes I can't concentrate because the music may be loud where I am sitting or whathaveyou. The wifi is pretty much non existent lately so I bring my hotspot with me.

      Delete
    2. I can't do the Chinese food place either. I go to Fresh Market and get lunch and bring it over there. That way I am still keeping Promenade food on the premise.

      Hey, there's an idea! The could have a refrigerated to-go section with salads, sandwiches, and soups! Oooo. Walmart to-go even.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...