Here’s how to leave a comment:
The pre-set template for comments on this site is less than fabulous. It’s unfortunate.
Please leave a comment whenever you read something that sparks a thought or an idea. Or, perhaps you want more information or clarification on something.
Go ahead, let me know what you’re thinking!!
1. At the bottom of each article (aka “blog post”), look for the comment box that looks like this:
2. Put your mouse over the words “8 comments.” You will see that this is actually a link to the comment page! Of course, not every blog post will have exactly 8 comments. You may actually be the first one to comment! In that case it will say “0 comments.” Click on this and it will pop up a box like this:
3. You’re doing great! Now, type what you want to say (aka “your comment”) in the big white box. Say whatever it is that you want to say. Include your name and how you want to be contacted (if you want to be contacted, that is. If not, there is an anonymous option which we will talk about in a second). You can either type in your email address, twitter name, or website address. Your call.
4. See the little up/down arrow next to “Comment As?” My example has the words “nwafoodie (Google)” next to it. See the arrow? Click on the down arrow to select a naming option:
5. If you are new to comments, select the option Name/URL. Another window pops open and you simply enter your name in the box. Leave URL empty unless you have a blog or website address. If you do, enter it.
If you want to leave an anonymous comment, the process will be the same, only you do not leave your name. If you know your Google, LiveJournal, WordPress, TypePad, etc. name and are signed in, by all means go that route.
Once you are ready to move on, click “Continue.”
6. Now you are ready to post your comment! Click the “Post Comment” button:
7. You’re so close to being done now! It may seem complicated your first time, but I promise you will be a pro in no time!!
Next it will ask you for word verifications. This is something the template does so it can verify that you are indeed a person and not a spamming computer!
Then you are done!
Your comment gets sent via email to me and I push the “Publish” button and just like that, your comment is published!
Hopefully you found this helpful and are now on your way to commenting away over and over and over again!
I am looking forward to hearing from you!